An insurance case occurs, if a guest is unable to enjoy the booked hotel stay or has to delay the stay due to one of the below mentioned reasons (presentation of a medical cert, sick note, police confirmation).
- Serious accident to or unexpected illness of the insured person, his wife/husband, children, parents or parents in law.
- Death of one of the above mentioned people or sister/brother, grandparents, children in law of the person insured.
- Considerable damage of the property of the person insured at his residence due to fire, natural disasters or a criminal offence of a third person, which requires the presence of the person insured.
- Unexpected termination of the work contract of the insured person or, for self-employed unexpected insolvency or settlement of the company.
What period is the insurance valid for?
The insurance protection lasts from the booking date to the end of the stay in the hotel.
What is not considered to be an insurance case?
What is not considered an insured event:
- Illnesses or accidents which have been treated during the six months prior to purchasing insurance or which would have required treatment;
- If the insurance case was predictable at the point of purchasing insurance or was intentionally or deliberately caused by the insured person;
- If the hotel cancels the booking.
The insurance is considered subsidiary to other existing insurances.